Arrow Downward Arrow Downward Close Close Done Done Cart Cart clock clock
iGENEA
Personal guidance

We are always happy to help you! Contact us via e-mail or Whatsapp.

If you would like us to call you back, please provide your phone number and how you can be reached. We will be happy to call you for a personal consultation.

info@igenea.com WhatsApp

Haplogroup J

Home » Haplogroup Maternal Line » Haplogroup J

Post from iGENEA to 20.07.2009 16:07:41

I suggest to start a a Geographic Project. A Geographic Project connects individuals who believe their direct line comes from a specific location. Simply send us your email-adress and the content of your Geographic Project to info@igenea.com.

Joëlle Apter (M.Sc.)
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from trpbob to 20.03.2009 00:03:04

trpbob@comcast.net trying to figure out how to interpet this mtDNA even if my mother dna starts in Syria the rest of the code I do not or cannot understand what they mean. G Mother was a Fitzgerald from Co clare IRELAND HELP PLS WESTWOOD , MA.

Post from iGENEA to 14.11.2008 16:11:43

No, EACh Linie has just ONE Haplogroup. If you analyse different lines, then we will have different haplogroups, but there is always only ONE haplogroup for EACH line.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Timur to 14.11.2008 07:11:18

Is it possible for one to have more than one haplogroup membership. I am a male and my dna tested R1a but can i also have another, possibly J?

Post from iGENEA to 27.10.2008 12:10:26

Please, the theories from Bryan Sakes are correct, but there aren't only 7 mtDNA haplogroups in Europe, nowadays we talk about 11 clan mothers, but you must consider not all actual Europeans have European roots, but Asia or Africa roots (berber, slavs...)

In addition: The haplogroup just defines your origin in the Prehistory. You will find members of J around the world, but this doens't mean you have asiatic and african roots and that you are related with each J member.

To analyse to whom you are related, you must look your Y- or mtDNA-Profile, not the haplogroup, this is really important! Just persons, who match with you in 25/25 y-Markers or in the HVR1 and HVR2 exacty, belong to your family or have the same origins. So, please, look at these people to define your roots and not where you can find the haplogroup J.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Harry D. Watson to 26.10.2008 19:10:36

Genetic genealogists claim that over 90% of present-day Europeans are descended from one of only 7 women who lived between 10,000 and 50,000 years ago. 6 of these women were born in Europe - the 7th was born in what is now Syria. This is mtDNA J - Bryan Sykes of Oxford University calls her \\\\\\\"Jasmine\\\\\\\", and it\\\\\\\'s interesting that her European descendants are found most in northern Europe.

I am a red-haired Scot from the east coast of Scotland, and this Syrian lady was my ancestor! I can trace my mother\\\\\\\'s mother\\\\\\\'s mother (etc.) back to my 4 x great-grandmother Nancy Howat, who lived in Belfast in Northern Ireland in the late 1700s, and was probably of Scottish Protestant \\\\\\\"settler\\\\\\\" stock. The surname Howat is found most commonly in Ayrshire on the west coast of Scotland, where many of the Protestant emigrants to Ulster came from. I have found some mtDNA matches with other people who have Northern Irish ancestry.

But I also have mtDNA matches with Norwegians, Norwegian-Americans, Russians and Latvians. The genetic genealogist Stephen Oppenheimer has a map in his book \\\\\\\"The Origins of the British\\\\\\\" showing the mtDNA J1 people migrating from Norway to the British Isles in the Neolithic (New Stone) Age. So they moved a long way from Syria.

But the mtDNA J haplogroup is still commoner among the Bedouin of the Middle East than among any other ethnic group. My wife and I have just come back from a holiday in Jordan, where we met some Bedouin - and I couldn\\\\\\\'t help thinking of them as distant cousins!

Harry

Post from iGENEA to 22.09.2008 18:09:19

You can analyse your paternal and maternal lines if you are a man. If you are a woman, you just can trace your maternal roots and you need a male sample to reconstruct the paternal line. Samples of your parents aren't necessary.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from mester to 22.09.2008 18:09:12

dear

my concer is to confirm jewish paternal side
and other sides
what could be the more interresting test for me
i am alone celibate and my parents didn t live anymore, it is possible to perform so a good test
mesterbelaandre@hotmail.com
belgium
antwerpen

Post from iGENEA to 07.07.2008 10:07:52

The Haplogroup J on the maternal side is not tipically for jewish ancestry. The "jewish" haplogroups on the maternal side are K and N1. The haplogroup J on ther PATERNAL line is tipically for jewish ancestry.

Just 5% of J maternal have jewish ancestry, so it is possible, that you are jewish on this line. If you carried out the analyse with IGENEA you already have been determined. In case of being a FTDNA-Customer, you could give me your login and I would see, if you possibly have jewish ancestry.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from David to 04.07.2008 18:07:25

Dear Sir/Madam,

I just found out that my granddad on his motherside is part of the Haplogroup J - is it correct to say that this is a common jewish DNA?

Furthermore, her tribe are the Germans - is it still possible that she had jewish ancestors?

DNA Test Discount Today
-10%