Arrow Downward Arrow Downward Close Close Done Done Cart Cart clock clock
iGENEA
Personal guidance

We are always happy to help you! Contact us via e-mail or Whatsapp.

If you would like us to call you back, please provide your phone number and how you can be reached. We will be happy to call you for a personal consultation.

info@igenea.com WhatsApp

ethnic groups

Home » General Questions & Answers » ethnic groups

Post from iGENEA to 06.12.2009 11:12:21

Dear ian,

These statistics are based on recent scientific researches and would have to be adapted continuously to stay up to date. iGenea decided not to update the statistics and to remove them from the website also because they are not relevant for genetic genealogy.

Roman C. Scholz
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from ian to 05.12.2009 14:12:46

dear igenea where i can find this.. where it is shown list of europian countries have precentage of antic people? i have saw it but now its like gonne

Post from iGENEA to 17.02.2009 12:02:39

No, attention, there are not genes! Journalist love this word, when the write something about dna, but normally not genes are there. Please caution.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Keltic to 17.02.2009 10:02:30

ok, thanks. now I see.
the haplogroup doesn´t tell the trib, only the origin.
but, anyway, each "trib" or ethnic group must have an specific gene.
I wonder which gene belongs to each ethnic groups: germans, romans, alans, lusitanians, etc.
Celts, now I know that is R1b, very frequent in Western Europe.

thanks.

Post from iGENEA to 17.02.2009 10:02:15

Attention! The haplogroup DOESN'T determine the primitive Tribe. If you belong to R1b, you cannot assume you have celtic roots. This connection is unfortunately wide spread in Internet, but it is a wrong conclusion.

A genetic differenciation between the singles celtic tribes is not yet possible, but the most frequent haplogroup under celts is R1b.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Keltic to 17.02.2009 08:02:51

hi, I´m very curious about genetic and race stuff.
I want to know the genetic of primitive tribs like celtic tribs (gallaecs, for exemple), germanic (swabs, visigoths), alans, lusitanians, romans, etc, etc...

I want to know if these groups have also an specific haplogroup each one. and, if yes, which haplogroups they belong?

thanks for the help.

DNA Test Discount Today
-10%