Arrow Downward Arrow Downward Close Close Done Done Cart Cart clock clock
iGENEA
Personal guidance

We are always happy to help you! Contact us via e-mail or Whatsapp.

If you would like us to call you back, please provide your phone number and how you can be reached. We will be happy to call you for a personal consultation.

info@igenea.com WhatsApp

Haplogroup D in the UK and Europe

Home » Haplogroup Paternal Line » Haplogroup D in the UK and Europe

Post from iGENEA to 01.07.2010 08:07:45

Hi Steve,

halogroup D is very rare in Europe, but it could have arrived with the Huns or Mongols and therefore some time before surnames where used in Europe.

Can you give me your Lab-Nr. so i can check your results? Mybe then i can tell you more about your case.

Roman C. Scholz
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Steve to 29.06.2010 16:06:52

Hi - I do not know too much about Genetics and the implications to my family, but I've done a YDNA test for my paternal line.

For the immediate paternal past I know I come from a UK Family - Caucasian - with a traceable history back to the late 1700's in Britain. My surname is listed as being Sardinian in origin, but has been in the UK since the Domesday book. My Surname exists in Italy and the UK most strongly, but also in France, Spain and Scandinavia.

My YDNA test says I belong to Haplogroup D - an old lineage found mostly in Tibet, Andaman Islands, Japanese and small drabs of Mongolia..!!

Is this a common thing..? Most research says these are the main places where this Halotype exists, and even then only in small pockets..!!

Is it likely to be a mistake ? I may get a second test...

But for the meantime I can only guess. Perhaps generational movements through maybe Genghis Kahn/Kublai Kahn, Attilla the Hun (knowing that it was predominantly Halplogroup C - Maybe some Haplogroup D's were in the hordes?) or migration along the Silk Road...? I'm really at a loss...

Bearing in mind the Italian/Europe/UK surname

But maybe even through Turkey and the Turkic populations there - but they are pretty much Haplo C and in small concentration)...

Maybe I'm thinking too recently, and there were movements earlier on - but I don't know much about that..

I'm at a loss..!!

Anyone with any suggestions would be welcome...!!

Thanks for any help

Steve

DNA Test Discount Today
-10%