Arrow Downward Arrow Downward Close Close Done Done Cart Cart clock clock
iGENEA
Personal guidance

We are always happy to help you! Contact us via e-mail or Whatsapp.

If you would like us to call you back, please provide your phone number and how you can be reached. We will be happy to call you for a personal consultation.

info@igenea.com WhatsApp

Scottish ethnicity

Home » Haplogroup Paternal Line » Scottish ethnicity

Post from iGENEA to 31.01.2010 15:01:39

Hallo Karsten,

ein bestimmter Wert auf einem einzelnen Marker hat nicht immer eine gewisse Bedeutung, wenn dann nur in Zusammenhang mit dem Gesamtprofil.

DYS #391 = 10 wird vor allem mit den Kelten in Verbindung gebracht, die die britischen Inseln besiedelten außerdem soll eben ein Zusammenhang mit der iberischen Halbinsel bestehen. Der Wert 11 stellt dabei die ursprüngliche Form dar, das heißt dieser Marker mutierte von 11 zu 10.

Aber um damit wirklich was anfangen zu können muss man sich das Gesamtprofil ansehen und die detaillierte Haplogruppe. Allein daraus, dass Sie bei DYS 391=11 statt 10 haben können Sie also nicht ganz soviel ablesen, außer, dass sie nicht zu dieser speziellen Gruppe gehören die sich über DYS 391 = 10 definiert.

Roman C. Scholz
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Karsten to 31.01.2010 11:01:21

Wenn DYS 391 = 10 für British Basques steht, was würde DYS 391 = 11 darstellen?

Post from oscar to 16.12.2009 12:12:07

very intresant muy interesante

im R1b1b2 my grandfarher from north Spain

Post from iGENEA to 27.10.2008 12:10:39

You are really right! It is pleisure to see people, who recognize the real sense of DNA-Genealogy.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Harry D. Watson to 26.10.2008 19:10:52

My 67-marker test showed that my Y DNA haplogroup is what is now called R1b1b2 - the commonest male haplogroup in Europe, and particularly common among the "Celtic" populations of the British Isles.

More than that, I discovered that I belong to the (roughly) 15% of Scots who conform to the "Scots Modal R1b1b2", which Dr. Jim Wilson of Edinburgh University calls "the genetic signature of the Picts". The Picts were the Celtic tribes who inhabited central and northern Scotland until their mysterious disappearance from the written records after the 9th century AD. It was thought they were killed off or assimilated by the "Scots" from northern Ireland, but now genetics has shown this is false - we never went away!!

I was brought up in the same village in Fife, in eastern Scotland, where my father's family seem to have lived for ever. My surname (Watson) has been the commonest name in the village since at least 1577, when the parish records of birth, marriage and death begin, and probably we were there long before the written records. And Fife used to be a separate Pictish kingdom with its capital at St. Andrews (now better known for golf).

It is now thought that the Picts were the first people to settle in Scotland after the end of the last Ice Age, coming from the Iberian "refugia". I have the DYS 391=10 value which is sometimes called the marker of the "British Basques".

No doubt this is why an east-coast Scot like me has so many genetic matches at 12/12 with men of French, Spanish and Portuguese origin in places like French-Canada, Puerto Rico, Chile and Brazil. This seems to prove the theory that the R1b1b2 population of northern Europe came from the Iberian peninsula. Those who stayed behind would have become the modern Spanish, Portuguese, etc., and in due course after emigration to the Americas - the Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, and so on.

In this way, genetic genealogy broadens the mind and shows you that modern ideas of ethnicity are very shallow. We are all brothers and sisters under the skin!

Harry

DNA Test Discount Today
-10%