Surname Al Mutiri - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'A'
Al Mutiri: What does the surname Al Mutiri mean?
The last name Al Mutiri is common in the Middle East and has its origins in the Arabic language. It is generally accepted that it means “the one who asks after” or “the one who inquires”.
The name is derived from the Arabic root word “mutar” which conveys meanings such as “inquire”, “ask”, “investigate” and “seek”. By combining this root with the Arabic definite article “al-”, it becomes “al-mutar”, which is translated as “the one who inquires”. Adding the “i” suffix to “al-mutar” leads to the word “al-mutar-i”, which is the equivalent of “al-mutiri”.
The name al-Mutiri reflects the qualities of the individual as a person who is inquisitive and an active seeker of knowledge. It conveys a sense of someone interested in and actively pursuing knowledge, and of someone who makes an effort to find out new information. It is a reminder of the importance of being an active seeker of knowledge, and the impact of pursuing knowledge on the individual's thinking and worldview. It is a reminder that it is often necessary to ask questions in order to progress in life.
Al Mutiri: Where does the name Al Mutiri come from?
The last name Al Mutiri is most commonly associated with the MENA region, or the Middle East and North Africa. Al Mutiri is particularly common among Saudi Arabians, Kuwaitis, and Qataris, with a large percentage of individuals from these countries bearing the name. It is also sometimes found in the surrounding countries of Egypt, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, and others.
Cultural records in these countries indicate that the name is likely to have originated in the Hejaz region of Saudi Arabia. Al Mutiri families traditionally lived in the region that surrounds the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Some etymological studies suggest that the surname originates from the Arabic word for “banner” or “flag”, implying that a family with this name may be descended from a distinguished, powerful clan whose banner was held high among the others.
Many of those who bear the Al Mutiri name today are descended from a prominent notable family within the Hejaz region. Over time, different branches of the family would have moved to other parts of the MENA region as well as establishing links with tribes in neighbouring countries, contributing to the ultimate dispersal of the name.
Variations of the surname Al Mutiri
The variants of the surname Al Mutiri include AlMoteeri, AlMoteer, Al Mutayri and Al Mutary. These are all accepted variants of the same surname, although the letters can also be altered. For example, AlMottaeri and AlMuttari can be found as well.
Al Mutiri is an Arabic surname. It is derived from Mutiri, which is a type of clan or tribe that comes from a geographical region in the Arab world. This surname is found throughout the Middle East and North Africa, particularly among tribes in Saudi Arabia and Oman.
The variants of the Al Mutiri surname can also take different spellings. AlMotiri, Al Mutiree, Al Mutaire, AlMoteiree, AlMudhairi, AlMothyri, AlMotayri and AlMutayri are also commonly used spellings of the surname.
Surnames of similar origin include AlMoudir, AlMotair, AlMourad, AlMuhsin, AlMuhannad and AlMukhtar. These surname are derived from the same root word – Mutiri – and are used in a similar way in the Arab world.
In conclusion, Al Mutiri is an Arabic surname that is commonly used in the Arab world, particularly among tribes in Saudi Arabia and Oman. The variants of the surname, as well as the spellings and surnames of similar origin are AlMoteeri, AlMoteer, AlMutayri, AlMotiri, AlMutiree, Al Mutaire, AlMoteiree, AlMudhairi, AlMothyri, AlMotayri, AlMoudir, AlMotair, AlMourad, AlMuhsin, AlMuhannad and AlMukhtar.
Famous people with the name Al Mutiri
- Mohammed Al Mutiri: an Emirati footballer who most recently played for Al-Bataeh and was the top scorer in the UAE Division 1 for the 2019-20 season.
- Saif Al Mutiri: a professional mixed martial artist from the United Arab Emirates who competes in the Lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
- Sultan Al Mutiri: an Emirati professional footballer who plays for the Sharjah SCC in the UAE Pro League.
- Khalifa Al Mutiri: an Emirati footballer who currently plays for Al-Nahda and has represented his country on the international stage, including at the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup.
- Abdulrahman Al Mutiri: an Emirati footballer who plays as a defender for Sharjah SCC in the UAE Pro League.
- Ali Al Mutiri: an Emirati footballer who played for Sharjah SCC in the UAE Pro League and is a former UAE national team player.
- Rashid Al Mutiri: an Emirati footballer who plays as a midfielder for Al-Ittihad Kalba in the UAE Pro League.
- Sultan Al Mutiri: an Emirati footballer who plays for Al-Dhafra in the UAE Pro League and is a former UAE national team player.
- Abdullah Al Mutiri: the current Emirati ambassador to the United Kingdom, Ambassador Al Mutiri was also the Ambassador to France for several years.
- Saud Al Mutiri: an Emirati soldier who was killed in 2015 while fighting in Yemen as part of the Saudi-led coalition against the Houthi rebels.