Surname Jabilonsky - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'J'
Jabilonsky: What does the surname Jabilonsky mean?
The last name Jabilonsky is of Polish origin and the English form of the Polish surname Jabłoński. It is believed to have derived from the abundance of apple orchards in the area, with ‘jabłoń’ being the Polish word for apple. The name likely evolved from an occupational nickname given to builders of apple storage bins or apple farmers. In addition, it is believed that the name could originate from the old Slavic ‘jabł’ meaning ‘bag’, possibly of a storekeeper or merchant who transported goods in a bag.
Jabilonsky is the surname of many famous people, including Evan Jabilonsky, an American historian, art curator, and editor. He is well known for his work on antique art and paintings, and his work can be seen in many museums in the United States. Professional athletes have also borne the name, most notably the Polish rower Adam Jabilonsky.
The Jabilonsky surname can be seen in many countries around the world, including Germany, Portugal, Italy, Norway, and Sweden. Those who bear the name are often proud of their Polish ancestry and with its long and interesting history, the Jabilonsky name is sure to be remembered for years to come.Order DNA origin analysis
Jabilonsky: Where does the name Jabilonsky come from?
The last name Jabilonsky is a somewhat rare surname today, with occurrences found mainly in Europe and the United States.
In Europe, the surname is found predominantly in central and eastern regions. The highest concentration of Jabilonsky’s is in Poland, with both regional and national records indicating that the surname is most commonly found in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship in the northern part of the country. Records suggest that other parts of central Europe, such as the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary, also have a smattering of Jabilonsky households.
In the United States, the name is found mainly amongst the US census population. The largest concentration is found in Ohio, although it is also present, albeit in smaller numbers, in other states such as Pennsylvania, Indiana, California, and Wisconsin. There is also some evidence of a small but significant Jabilonsky presence in the states of New Jersey and New York.
Overall, the Jabilonsky surname is not an especially common one, with occurrences spread out in concentrations throughout Europe and the United States.
Variations of the surname Jabilonsky
Jabilonsky is a fairly rare last name of Polish origin, and has a few possible variants and/or spelling variations. Some of these include: Jablonowski, Jablonski, Jablonska, Jablonsky, Jablonka, Jablynka, Jablonskyi, Jabłonowski, Jablynski, Jabilonka, Jabĺonka, and Jabilonska.
In addition to the last name, there are also surnames of the same origin. These include Jablec, Jablonka, Jabłonka, Jaborska, Rablewicz, Jabłoński, Jabłonczak, Jablonczyk, Rablewska, Jabłoska, Rablenka, Jabłonkowska, Jambor, Jamboracz, Jabłońska, Jamborska, Jabłonkowski, Jabłończak, Jabłoski, Jabłonkenko, Jamborski, Jabłonczak, and Jarczak.
Nevertheless, the most common spelling of Jabilonsky is Jablonski, and is found most often in Polish records. It is also important to note that the spelling could have changed due to different languages, dialects, or naming conventions in different regions and countries. For example, the surname would likely be spelled differently in Russian or Ukrainian.
Overall, Jabilonsky is a rare last name, but it is important to recognize the various spelling and surname variations associated with it in order to better understand its history and form.
Famous people with the name Jabilonsky
- Werner Jablonsky: Werner Jablonsky is an award-winning German composer, best known for his soundtrack work in films, TV shows, and video games. His work includes the scores for TV series such as Babylon 5, Islamic Empire, and The Adventures of Sinbad, and films such as Mortal Kombat and The Last Supper.
- Ashley Jablonsky: Ashley Jablonsky is a British actress, best known for her roles in shows such as the ITV soap opera Emmerdale, Dr Who, and The Bill.
- Mark Jablonsky: Mark Jablonsky is an American actor, producer, and writer. He is best known for his starring roles in TV shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Mad Men, and Scandal.
- John Jablonsky: John Jablonsky is an American country music singer-songwriter. He is best known for his songwriting collaborations with Kenny Chesney and several other country music artists.
- Jason Jablonsky: Jason Jablonsky is an American actor best known for his roles in TV shows such as Blossom and The Drew Carey Show. He has also been credited as a writer for shows such as Beverly Hills 90210 and Full House.
- Matt Jablonsky: Matt Jablonsky is an American composer, best known for his work on video game and film soundtracks. He is best known for his work on the Transformers films and the series Gears of War.