Arrow Downward Arrow Downward Close Close Done Done Cart Cart clock clock
iGENEA
Personal guidance

We are always happy to help you! Contact us via e-mail or Whatsapp.

If you would like us to call you back, please provide your phone number and how you can be reached. We will be happy to call you for a personal consultation.

info@igenea.com WhatsApp

Begin with starter, then upgrade?

Home » General Questions & Answers » Begin with starter, then upgrade?

Post from iGENEA to 29.07.2008 12:07:09

"1. Is the most reasonable approach to initially order a "starter test" and then, if there is a match in your database, to proceed
with a test scanning for more matches to differentiate further?
"2. Finding a match requires another person to be in your database, right? If there's no match this means that either
I'm unique or there's no other person with whom I match, correct?"

If you just want to discover your geographic roots, I recommend you to carry out a Starter Test, but if your objective is to find relatives around the world I recommend you to begin with a plus test, the medium one. Of course, you also have the possibility to begin with a starter and to carry out upgrades later, but you will loose time and money. When your aim is finding relatives, I will recommend you the plus-Test. This test is not so expensive like the biggest one, but you will be able to find the right relatives with it.

There is a risk to not find anyone, who match with you, but this risk is minimal and 99% of customer find more than 10 persons, who match with them in 20 markers. Also if you don't have a match in the database from FTDNA, your access is unlimited in time, so that you will find relatives later, you get an access to Ysearch.org and Mitosearch.org, further databases and you could create a surname project for free, with you will find relatives faster.

Inma Pazos
iGENEA
info@igenea.com
www.igenea.com

Post from Lars to 28.07.2008 19:07:50

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

I have two questions:
1. Is the most reasonable approach to initially order a "starter test" and then, if there is a match in your database, to proceed
with a test scanning for more matches to differentiate further?

2. Finding a match requires another person to be in your database, right? If there's no match this means that either
I'm unique or there's no other person with whom I match, correct?

Thanks and kind regards
Lars

DNA Test Discount Today
-10%