Surname Schreibert - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'S'
Schreibert: What does the surname Schreibert mean?
The last name Schreibert is of German and Jewish origin. It is an occupational surname derived from the Middle High German word “scriban”, meaning a scribe or someone employed to write or record legal documents. It is believed that the Schreibert surname was first used in the 12th century in the Rhineland area. The surname is composed of two words, “schreib”, which translates to the act of writing, and “er”, which means man or male. Put together, the surname translates to “scribe” or “scribe man”.
Over time, the Schreibert surname found its way throughout Europe, with many of the earliest instances of the surname being found in Germany. Variations of the Schreibert surname can be found in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the United States. The variations of the surname include Schreiber, Schreiberr, Schreiberl, and Schreibert.
The Schreibert name has been used by professional writers, journalists, historians, novelists, poets and chroniclers over the centuries. Many distinguished families of Schreibert origin have served as political leaders, ambassadors, church officials, financiers, and engineers. Even today, the Schreibert name is still popular among those living in countries with Germanic and Jewish heritage, such as Austria, Germany, and the United States.Order DNA origin analysis
Schreibert: Where does the name Schreibert come from?
The surname Schreibert is a moderately common German surname, meaning "scribe". It can still found primarily in the region it was derived from, Germany, but is now found in other areas around the world.
In Germany today, the Schreibert surname is most commonly found in the southwestern part of the country, particularly in regions near Bavaria and Baden-Wurttemberg. It is also found in increasing numbers in the north, including Berlin, Hamburg, and Bremen.
Outside of Germany, the Schreibert surname is primarily found in countries that had past connections to Germany, such as Austria, Switzerland, and Czech Republic. It is also found in small numbers in North America, particularly in the United States and Canada, where many German emigrants settled. The United States Census in 2000 found 64 people with the last name Schreibert.
Migration has also made Schreibert a more common last name around the world, particularly in South America, where it is most often found in countries such as Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and Brazil. Schreibert can also be found in various parts of Asia, such as India, China, and Indonesia.
Overall, the Schreibert surname may not be the most common last name, but it can still be found in various parts of the world. It has survived throughout the years as a reminder of Germany's rich past and its lasting influence on other countries.
Variations of the surname Schreibert
The surname Schreibert is typically of German origin. It is derived from the old German "scribe," or Schreiber, meaning "writer, scribe, clerk, or secretary." The most common variants of Schreibert are Schryver, Schryber, Schraiber, Schriber, Schreber, and Shriber.
In some cases, the name has also been spelled Schroeper, Schroepert, Schrepper, Schrepperd, Schraper, Shriberd, Schraperd, Scriba, Schrijber, Schreyer, and Schroyer. These have all undergone various changes in spelling over the years, and many of the spellings are very rare today.
The surname Schreibert is also found in other European countries, such as Austria and the Netherlands, where it is more commonly spelled Schreiber, Schreyer, and Schrijber. In these countries, it is occasionally found spelled Schreyer, Schryer, Schrijver, Schrijber, and Schreyer.
In North America, the spelling of the surname has typically been anglicized to Shriber, Shriberd, Shriver, Shroyer, Scriba, Scribner, Shreiner, and Schroepfer. It is also occasionally found spelled in other forms, such as Skriber, Schryver, Skriberd, Schriber, or Shraiberd.
In addition, various surnames derived from Schreibert, such as Schrieber, Schriebers, Schriebel, Schriever, Schrievert, Schriebbe," have been noted. Thus, there are a wide range of variants, spellings, and surnames of same origins to be found today.
Famous people with the name Schreibert
- Liev Schreiber: He is an acclaimed actor known for his roles in films such as The Omen, Salt, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine as Victor Creed/Sabretooth.
- Steven Schreiber: Steven is an entrepreneur and an Angel Investor, who has helped many companies such as AppAnnie, Feedzai and etc to make their roots and grow.
- David Schreiber: David is a veteran of the United States Navy and a philanthropist. He also serves as the treasurer at the National Defense Committee. 4.Jeff Schreiber: Jeff is a technology entrepreneur, advisor and investor. He is known for his work in reviving the IT industry in Miami.
- Robert Schreiber: Robert is a doctor, professor and researcher in the fields of immunology and infection. He has been the recipient of the National Cancer Institute of Canada-Quebec Cancer Enterprise award for his outstanding contribution to fight cancer.
- Martin Schreiber: Martin is the former governor of Wisconsin and was the first Jewish Governor in the United States. He is known for his progressive policies.
- Mark Schreiber: Mark is a renowned photographer, who has covered much of Japan’s culture, customs and lifestyles. 8.Sabine Schreiber: Sabine is a German television journalist and presenter. She is known for her work in a variety of different news shows.
- Biff Schreiber: Biff is an actor and producer, known for his roles in films such as The Doors and I Love You Phillip Morris.
- Peter Schreibert: Peter is a wildlife photographer and author, who is known for his photographic work of tigers in India.