Surname Bucken - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'B'
Bucken: What does the surname Bucken mean?
The surname Bucken is of German origin. It is thought to have been derived from the name ‘Buchen’, which is often associated with beech trees. It is commonly found in regions that were formerly part of the Holy Roman Empire, such as Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
The name Bucken is associated with numerous noble and prestigious families in Germany. In particular, the old Prussian aristocratic family of von Bucken is still active and holds considerable influence in the country.
The name Bucken is thought to have been derived from the Middle High German word ‘buken’, which translates to mean ‘location of and/or near trees’. It is also associated with the Old High German word ‘buoch’, which translates to mean ‘stately with trees’.
Given this meaning, it is likely that many of the original Buckens were inhabitants of small villages found near large forests. The early meaning of the name aligns perfectly with the environment typically found in rural German areas.
Today, the name Bucken is still quite common in Europe and the United States. It is considered a distinguished and respected name in the German community, and is associated with a long and proud ancestry.Order DNA origin analysis
Bucken: Where does the name Bucken come from?
The last name Bucken is most common in regions of Central and Eastern Europe, such as the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Hungary. In the Czech Republic, Bucken is a third most common surname in some parts of the country. It is also common in Austria, Belarus, and Poland, where its usage is particularly prevalent in the rural areas.
In the United States, Bucken is a more rare surname, with a minimal presence spread across the entire country. According to the US Census Bureau's 2020 statistics, there are only around 5,200 individuals in the United States with the Bucken surname, making it the 4,660th most common name in the United States.
Interesting family histories have been traced for the Bucken name, beginning with a 19th century Austrian family that came from Bohemia. Family members started moving all around Europe and then eventually also to the United States. Today, the Bucken surname can be found across the entire world making it an interesting and unique last name!
Variations of the surname Bucken
The surname Bucken is believed to have its origins in Germanic countries. It is considered to be a variation of the name Buchen, which is believed to have derived from the Germanic Buchenwald, which is an apt name for an area of woodland heavily populated with beech trees.
Different variants, spellings, and surnames derived from the same origin of Bucken can include: Buchen, Buken, Buckinen, and Bücken.
Variants and spellings of the name include: Buchen, Bücken, Buken, and Buckinen. These spellings are often associated with the same origin of Bucken.
The surname Buchen is most common in Germany and Austria. It is derived from the Old High German term buohhil meaning beech tree.
Variations of the name Bucken can also be seen in Dutch and Scottish/Irish families, such as Bücken, Bucki and Buken. The Dutch variant may be a shortening of the surname van Buchen or van den Buchen, which mean "from/of the beech". The Scottish/Irish variant can also be a shortened form of the surnames MacMucklebeck or MacMuckenbeck, which mean “son of the man of the beech tree” and “from the great beech tree,” respectively.
In conclusion, the surname Bucken has many variants, spellings, and surnames derived from the same origin, such as Buchen, Bücken, Buken, and Buckinen, as well as MacMucklebeck, MacMuckenbeck, and van Buchen or van den Buchen.
Famous people with the name Bucken
- Debbie Bucken-Kanten: Debbie is an accomplished publicist and celebrity manager with a successful career spanning two decades. She has extensive experience with both national and international PR campaigns, including media relations, publicity, corporate communications, and special events.
- Robert Bucken: Robert is a former American basketball player in the NBA who played for the Seattle SuperSonics and Milwaukee Bucks. He also appeared in the movie "Semi-Pro" starring Will Ferrell.
- Alexander Bucken: Alexander is a professional Canadian athlete who has represented his country in several World Championships. He competes in figure skating, exhibitions, and theatre on ice.
- Helena Bucken: Helena is a Norwegian singer and songwriter. She won the Norwegian national talent show, "Idol" in the year 2010. Her debut album, "My World", was released in 2012.
- John Bucken: John is an award-winning photographer whose work has been featured in major publications such as National Geographic and Elle. He is known for his unique style of photography which captures the beauty of everyday life.
- Steven Bucken: Steven is an entrepreneur and CEO of Andromedia, a software development company based in Australia. He is an industry leader in developing and delivering software solutions for a wide range of businesses.
- Vladimir Bucken: Vladimir is a Russian Olympian who competed in the Winter Olympics in 2014 and 2018. He participated in the slopestyle snowboarding event and won a bronze medal in 2018.