Surname Mahashir - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'M'
Mahashir: What does the surname Mahashir mean?
The last name Mahashir is of Hebrew origin and can be translated to mean "the expert". It is commonly found among families in the Middle East, including Israel and Jordan. In many parts of these cultures, families take great pride in having a surname that reflects an admirable trait: in this case, ‘expertise’.
Members of these communities can take pride in their heritage and the wisdom behind their name, as it implies a drive to be the most knowledge and skilled at something that has been passed down to them. Those with the Mahashir surname are usually seen as strongly motivated to learn and grow and become the best in their field or endeavor.
This surname is not exclusively Jewish; in some Arab communities, Middle Eastern Christians with the last name of Mahashir can be found as well. For example, the Mahashir family from Bethlehem trace their roots and surname back to a Biblical ancestor.
In Palestinian and Arabic culture, the name Mahashir signifies someone to be respected for their wisdom and expertise. It is a reminder of the importance of gaining knowledge and using it to build a better future. Families who carry the Mahashir surname are typically highly educated, innovative and forward-thinking, ready to make the most of their resources and capabilities.Order DNA origin analysis
Mahashir: Where does the name Mahashir come from?
The last name Mahashir is a rare name today, but mostly common in the Arab countries in the Middle East. It is one of those names that originated hundreds of years ago but is still in use today. The earliest known record of the name Mahashir dates to the 12th century in the Prophet Muhammad's time, and the term is believed to be an Arabic surname, although the exact relevancy and derivation remain a mystery even today.
In recent times, Mahashir is a name associated with numerous people from the Middle East. The first Mahashir can be traced to the Arab region in Palestine, and the name has spread through the Middle East and Africa. The name has made its way around the world, and people bearing the name can now be found in countries such as Turkey, the United Kingdom, France, Canada, and the United States of America.
The meaning of Mahashir itself is widely debated, and it is often loosely translated as "the small patient" from the Arabic literature. However, the name is also associated with "strength, bravery, and perseverance." It is safe to assume that those who carry the name have been shaped by these values, and they have kept their strength and courage alive into modern times.
Overall, the last name Mahashir is a rare name that is still in use today, especially in the Arab countries in the Middle East. It has stood the test of time and has been passed down to many people who continue to carry the name with pride, representing its rich history and its original values of strength and bravery.
Variations of the surname Mahashir
The surname Mahashir is derived from a combination of two Punjabi originated words, 'maha' and 'shir'. 'Maha' means big or great and 'shir' means head or chief. Therefore, the surname Mahashir literally translates to mean 'Great Chief'.
The variants of Mahashir include Maheshwar, Maheshwaram, Mahasham, Mahesham, Mahashar, Maheshar, Maheshwar, Maheshwaram, Mahasheur, Maheshur, Madhwar, Madhwaram, Madhwarum and Maheswarum. Spellings of the surname include Mahaishir, Mahaisir, Mahaishar, Mahaishwar, Mahaishwaram, Mahaishwarum, Maishir and Maisheur.
The various surnames with the same origin of the word 'Mahashir' include Matharu, Mahthar, Mahater, Mahather and Mahatir.
Apart from these spellings and surnames, the word Mahashir is also sometimes used as a given name and may appear in listings alongside variant spellings such as Mahathir, Mahaishur, Mahaesher, Mahasheer, Mahaesir, Mahsheer and Mahaiser.
Famous people with the name Mahashir
- Tan Sri Michelle Mahashir: Tan Sri Michelle Mahashir is an inspirational icon, motivational speaker and best-selling author from Malaysia. She is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions for her vast contribution to the advancement of the Malay community in Malaysia.
- Tan Sri Dr. Rahim Mahashir: Tan Sri Dr. Rahim Mahashir is a noble man who has served Malaysia loyally and valiantly. He has also won multiple prestigious awards for his distinguished work in the public service arena.
- Ustaz Sahril Mahashir: Ustaz Sahril Mahashir is the founder and president of the Darul Quran Institute in Malaysia. He is an established and respected Muslim preacher and religious figure.
- Datuk Seri Dr. Alizatul Khair Mahashir: Datuk Seri Dr. Alizatul Khair Mahashir is the current Secretary General of the Malaysia Islamic Economic Society and the Deputy Director of the Institute of Islamic Understanding (IKIM).
- Raja Munawir Mahashir: Raja Munawir Mahashir is a noted Singaporean entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is the founder and CEO of Digi Group, which is one of the largest conglomerates in Southeast Asia.