Surname Marabel - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'M'
Marabel: What does the surname Marabel mean?
The surname Marabel is believed to be of French origin, although its exact etymology is unknown. It likely comes from the Provençal term "marabel", which means ‘wonderful’ or ‘beautiful’. This term could have been used to refer to a person who was attractive or ‘wonderful’ in some capacity. In some cases, the surname may have been an occupational name for a person who worked on a ship as a mariner or seaman, using the French term ‘marin’ or ‘marinabel’.
The earliest known record of the Marabel surname dates back to 1296 in Fontaines-en-Sologne, France, indicating that the family is likely of French origin. The family has spread across the world, especially to the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
The Marabel name is associated with a sense of pride and strength; it is seen as a symbol of a family’s legacy and culture. People with this surname are often disciplined, independent and hardworking. People with this surname are often said to have a strong sense of loyalty and commitment to their family and friends.
As different countries began to take Marabel families in, it is likely that the spelling of the name changed, often to Marabelle or Marabell. Despite the variations in spelling, the originating meaning and associations with the surname remain the same.Order DNA origin analysis
Marabel: Where does the name Marabel come from?
The last name Marabel is relatively uncommon today, but it does show up in certain parts of the United States and other parts of the world. In the United States, the name can be found in places like Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, and North Carolina. Louisiana and Florida likely had the highest concentration of Marabel families in the 2020 Census.
In other parts of the world, the last name Marabel can be found in countries like France, Canada, Brazil, Spain, and Argentina. It is more frequently found in France and Canada than in other countries. In France, it is especially found in the department of Vienne.
The origin of the last name Marabel is thought to be from France and the earliest record found has traced it back to the time of William the Conqueror around 1066. It is believed to have derived from an Olde French term meaning “great belief” or “great prosperity." The Marabel family may have had a mottif as part of their coat of arms, and the motto “hasten slowly” is often attributed to the family.
Overall, the last name is seen in many parts of the world, especially in the United States and France, although it is relatively uncommon.
Variations of the surname Marabel
Marabel is a surname which appears to have both French and German roots. The French version of the name is spelt Marabell, while the German version is spelt Marabelle.
The origin of the Marabel surname is uncertain; most references point to a family of French origins which has since spread throughout Europe. In France and Germany, the name is believed to be derived from the Latin word “marabilla”, which means “marvelous” or “miracle”.
In France, other variants of “Marabel” include “Marabit”, “Maraton” and “Maraval”. In Germany, Marabel is also spelled as “Marabell” and “Marabele”.
In addition to the Marabel surname, there are also numerous surname variants of the same origin, such as Marbell, Marable, Marbale, Marbal, Marabelle, and Marabell. These variants can be used interchangeably in both French and German, as well as in many other countries throughout the world.
Most variants of the Marabel surname stem from either the French or German roots, suggesting that many families may have originated from one of those two countries. It is also possible that Marabel is derived from a different language or a combination of several languages, although this is less common.
The Marabel surname is not limited to France and Germany; it can be found in Spain, Italy, the United States, and other countries as well. Regardless of its origin, it is clear that this name has left an indelible mark on many cultures throughout the world.
Famous people with the name Marabel
- Paula Marabel: a Mexican actress who has appeared in telenovelas such as Libre para amarte and La Vecina.
- Mabel Marabel: a singer-songwriter from Peru whose songs explore different musical genres, from rock to pop.
- Wade Marabel: a Canadian professional ice hockey player who played in the Ontario Hockey League for the Sudbury Wolves.
- Victoria Marabel: a Spanish model and television actress who has appeared in numerous movies and television shows.
- Victoria Marabelle: a French dancer, singer, and actress who has starred in films such as Bad Boys and Astérix et Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre.
- Wolfgang Marabel: an Austrian musician and composer whose work ranges from Baroque era pieces to jazz suites.
- Mariella Marabel: a Chilean-born director and producer whose films have explored the ancestral past, historic memory, and the personal and political issues of migration and identity.
- Cynthia Marabel: a British actress who has starred in films such as Death at a Funeral and The Help.
- Roberto Marabel: an Italian magician and illusionist who has performed in major cities around the world and been featured on shows such as Cirque du Soleil.
- Katherine Marabel: an American author and illustrator whose children's books celebrate the natural world and the power of imagination.