Surname Amax - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'A'
Amax: What does the surname Amax mean?
The last name Amax is a patronymic name derived from the Ancient Greek name Amax, which in turn gives us the English name - Max or Maximilian. It refers to the highest desire, or the surname suggests that the bearer is the highest or greatest of all people. It is an especially meaningful surname for a family because it could convey the idea that they desire to strive for excellence and the utmost level of success in whatever they do.
The surname Amax is thought to have originated in the southern part of Italy around the 16th century, and it could also have roots in Spain and Portugal. Some sources suggest that the surname has Jewish origins, and that it is a variant of the surname Malon or Macamelo, meaning 'race of the dove'.
Throughout its history, the surname Amax has gained popularity, and has been used by people from different countries such as the United States, Canada, Italy, and Israel. This name has been borne by many famous people, such as Amax von Eichelburg, a German banker and businessman, Amax Vives, a Spanish sculptor, and Amax Lewis, an American rapper and fashion designer.
Overall, the surname Amax is a strong and powerful name that exudes a feeling of excellence, greatness, and success. The bearer of this name will certainly be inspired to live up to the expectations that come with it.Order DNA origin analysis
Amax: Where does the name Amax come from?
The last name Amax is most likely of Greek derivation and doesn’t seem to have any specific national origin. Today, it is most commonly found in the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, and Greece.
In the U.S., the most common states having the most significant population of Amax are New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and California.
Within the United States, the highest concentration of Amax is in the Bronx of New York City, while the highest number of Amax persons are in Baltimore.
In the United Kingdom, Amax is most prosperous in London, while within France, Amax is most prevalent in Paris.
It is difficult to determine exactly how many Amax are in each country because last names can be changed through marriage and persons can move to different countries for various reasons.
However, with the help of family history websites such as Ancestry.com and LastNamesSearch.com, one can piece together a better estimate of the population.
For instance, if you search “Amax” on LastNamesSearch.com, the result shows an estimated global population of 8,742 people.
In conclusion, it can be said that the last name Amax is somewhat common in the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, and Greece, though the exact population is difficult to pin down. However, the highest concentration of Amax persons can be found in New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania, California, United Kingdom, and France.
Variations of the surname Amax
The surname Amax is believed to be of English or German origin. It is thought to be derived from the German word 'ammeck', meaning 'at the corner', and it also has a Dutch origin, which means 'as much'.
The most common variants of the surname Amax include Amacs, Amak and Amace. It is also found as Amaechi and Amaechy.
In some cases, the variant spellings of surnames derived from Amax could include Ambach, Ambac, Kampach and Ambach. In some cases, a variant of the surname may be found spelled as Ambles, Ambeson, and Ammeck.
Variants of the surname Amax may also be found in other languages, such as Amecken in Dutch and Amaceck in German.
In some cases, the surname Amax has been anglicised to 'Ames', 'Ammox' or 'Amox'. Other variants of the name can include Amey, Amies, Amay, Ame, Amey, Ammec, Ammic, and Ammeck.
Surnames derived from the word 'ammeck' may also be found as Ammack, Ammass, Ammasse, Ammatt, Ammace, Ammack, Ammad, Ammale, Amman, Ammann, Amme, Ammand, Ammott, Ammang, Ammangs, Ademake, Adamack, Adamak, and Adomeck.
In some cases, a variant of the name could be found as Ammock, Ammons, Ammonett, Ammonette, Ammonon, Amigh, Anmolick, Ammocke, Ammocken, Ammok, Ammecken, Amecks and Emax.
Famous people with the name Amax
- Fred Amax: Fred Amax is a German comedian, actor, and television presenter. He has appeared in a number of television series, including Der Schwäbische Rebell and the widely acclaimed comedy-drama series Tatort.
- Panos Amax: Panos Amax is a Greek professional football player. He currently plays for the Greek Superleague club PAS Lamia 1964.
- Lina Amax: Lina Amax is an Italian singer and songwriter known for her musical style that melds jazz, pop, and rock.
- John Amax: John Amax is a French ice hockey player who has represented France in several international tournaments.
- Sam Amax: Sam Amax is an American film and television producer, most notably as an executive producer for the MTV reality show The Hills.
- Max Amax: Max Amax is a UK-born hip-hop artist and producer. His debut album, The Amax Principle, was released in 2012 and featured the lead single "Lifeline."
- Yvonne Amax: Yvonne Amax is a Spanish-born actress, best known for her role as Maria Sanchez in the TV series Los Hombres De Paco.
- Davis Amax: Davis Amax is an American singer and songwriter from New York City. He released his first album in 2015, L.A.X., and has been performing ever since.